Then this post is for you.
It's not your village people that's doing you. There are just things you're not doing right.
Pay attention to these 5 things, amongst others.
1. YOU DON'T HAVE AN OPTIMIZED AND CONVINCING PROFILE
Most times, after clients go through your job proposal, they take a stroll to your profile to see if you're a good fit for their job.
If it's not optimized & convincing enough to meet their need, they'll leave you for another.
2. YOUR PROFILE TITLE IS NOT SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZED.
Do you know that when clients (new to Upwork) want to hire a freelancer to get their job done, they search with related keywords?
So if it's not SEO friendly, you'll rank low in their search result.
3. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SELL YOURSELF CONVINCINGLY!
No matter how good you are, if you don't show the client how good you are, you can't win his heart to hire you.
The competition on Upwork is massive, so you've got to stand out in how you market yourself, to stand a chance of being hired.
4. YOUR PROPOSAL IS NOT ATTENTION-GRABBING AND CONVINCING ENOUGH.
- You sell yourself too low there.
- You beg to get hired.
- You display your inexperienced and newbie state there.
Last week, I submitted 3 proposals for jobs in Upwork & 2 were accepted for hire. So I know my onions there.
You've got to learn how to tailor your proposal to capture & win their heart.
5. YOU APPLY FOR JOBS YOU'RE NOT QUALIFIED FOR.
It's not all jobs you're qualified to apply for, even if it's something you can handle. There's how to know if you're qualified for a job or not.
But that'll be a story for another day.