What is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy claims that it is the largest domain and hosting provider of secure websites with more than 14 million customers worldwide hosting 5 million websites between them.
Launched in 1997 with a different name, it is one of three companies under the same umbrella (Including Blue Razor domains LLC and Wild West Domains LLC)
Godaddy has 4 types of shared plans-Starter-Economy, Delux, and Ultimate. They also have VPS(Virtual Private Server), Dedicated Servers, and cloud servers as well. You can even get managed to host a service in which Godaddy will manage and handle a dedicated server by letting their experts personally install your server and set up all the approved software and apps you may require for an online store, blogging website, eCommerce, or for managing clients contact details.
If you are going to use WordPress as your cms (content management system) you may choose WordPress hosting plan which Godaddy declares that you will have your website up and running in 30 seconds. Another Hosting solution available for beginners is website builder plans. Also, you will have a choice of CPanel with Linux or Parallels Plesk panel with windows server. The most popular hosting option with Godaddy is shared in which you can avail of up to 80% discount and domain registration for just $1 or $1.30 using our Goddady Coupon codes.
Advantages and Disadvantages of GoDaddy
- Largest Domain Name Registrar
- Wide Variety of Services Available
- Choose Linux or Windows Hosting
- cPanel and Plesk Control Panel Interfaces
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Host Unlimited Websites (except Economy plan)
- Frequent Special Offer Discounts
- Live Chat Support Not Available 24/7
- Quality and Courtesy of Customer Support can be Inconsistent
- No Detailed Hardware Specs Available
GoDaddy is Ideal for:
- Managing a Large Number of Domain Names
- Small Businesses