Grammarly is definitely worth it! Advanced English learners who use the language daily often struggle with grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
We often confront these obstacles when writing:
- can not decide which proposition is correct
- fight with articles (a / a / no article)
- forgetting a comma or two etc.,
Sometimes, we are googling entire sentences to see if they make sense grammatically.
Besides, both native and non-native speakers may experience a lack of inspiration as they write and use a few simple words over and over again.
These problems can slow you down, frustrate you, and even affect your work or school performance. Grammarly can be the tool you are looking for if writing in English is part of your daily routine.
Brief About Grammarly
Grammarly is universally acknowledged as one of the best tools for checking spelling, grammar, and readability.
Grammarly is an online grammar checker created to proofread your written work and look for all the different mistakes you have made. Basically, Grammarly checks if you made spelling mistakes (or random typos), if you used grammar correctly (for example, you may have mispronounced a verb) or if your punctuation is correct. This multi-layered system only takes a few seconds to detect your bugs.
The errors are marked in the text and divided into separate categories on the control panel's right side. You can browse them in order or choose between different types of parts of any article of yours. When it comes to the basic features, Grammarly is beneficial for both students and teachers.
First, this system detects minor spelling and punctuation errors, which are sometimes difficult to detect. Also, it reminds us of the rules we constantly break (but should not).
Why Use It?
It really does not matter if you are a teacher, or student, a blogger, or a freelancer.
You need excellent writing skills if you want to stand out and succeed in your endeavors. The only question is that even the most skilled writers out there make mistakes. If you work on a 2,000-word article, you will overlook some spelling, readability, and grammar issues that you need to fix.
Instead of manually combing your entire error post, proofreading tools like Grammarly will highlight them for you. More importantly, they will give you a list of suggestions that you can apply in a matter of seconds.
Grammarly Free vs. Grammarly Premium
That is quite understandable. Unless you have vast pockets, you need to make every dollar count. You can not afford to skip every premium writing tool you come across. The good news is that Grammarly comes with a free option with all the essential features you need to polish articles.
This means that it will allow you to use the tool for yourself and decide if you want to get the premium version.
Here are the Grammarly Premium features you'll miss out on if you stick with the free one:
- Readability checks for content that flows smoothly
- Vocabulary enhancement
- Built-in plagiarism checker for originality
- Writing style checker for specific genres
- More advanced structure, punctuation, grammar, and context checks
On the other hand, Grammarly Premium is the ultimate helper for any freelancer, blogger, or anyone who writes for a living – no matter if you are a professional writer or novice.
Besides, if we're talking about Grammarly for students and hobby bloggers, I'd say try the free version first.
Grammarly Browser Extension
The Grammarly browser extension is made to allow you to check everything you type in your web browser. No matter if it's on Facebook, Gmail, WordPress, or your email marketing platform.
Pros and Cons
- you can start from Grammarly free and continue using it for personal needs as long as you want
- it can be used in almost every situation where you are typing something out
- it can be used to spot-check any written reviews
- can impress both native and non-native English speakers
- no more mistakes, spelling and grammatical both
- the email texts created with Grammarly are undoubtedly impressive
- it paraphrases sentences instantly and extraordinarily
- it does not integrate on every platform
- it offers the best grammar only for Premium and Business users
- sometimes the recommendations made or suggestions are not entirely accurate
Ultimately, you can not go wrong with Grammarly, whether you are a student, blogger, freelance writer, or website owner.
It is the most flexible and reliable proofreading tool on the planet. If you are working for an educational institution and need a plagiarism checker, Grammarly should not be your first choice.
Besides, it is undoubtedly one of the best proofreading tools available today.